Sunday, January 24, 2010

How To Handle Emergency Entertainment Issues Like A Boss!

What to do if your event entertainers call in sick?
Last Minute Entertainment |  (843) 491-4812

How To Handle Emergency Entertainment Issues Like A Boss!

What to do when your entertainer can't make it.

Last night we provided a performer who walked stilts for the Conway Medical Center's 2010 Winter Gala.

It was supposed to be an awesome stilt walking giant that comes highly recommended and commands immediate attention when he walks in a room. But the night before the event, he got the flu and under doctors orders could not perform as contracted, it happens what can you do?



How To Handle Emergency Entertainment Issues Like A Boss!




Stilt Walker Myrtle Beach | Charity Event
Of course I didn't want to risk having him fall due to all that cold medicine he was taking so I two choices:

A. Call the client, ruin their night, event and career by canceling the entertainer and risk a bad reputation.
or
B. Step in, strap up, and stilt on because I'm not too shabby a stilt walker myself.

What would you have done? How would you be able to fix the problem?


You guessed it, I filled those shoes like any good event producer would. Although it meant I couldn't smooze the event with my business partner I did manage to network "on a whole new level".


The theme was "Under the Big Top". The decorations were all Ringling Bros. vintage posters and there was a fortune teller as well. It kinda had a early 1900's feel but man was it packed! At $400 a plate they made some serious money. I did notice that not a whole lot of people were bidding on the silent auction items not sure if it was the items or just too many people in the room either way mental note to self take those things into consideration for next silent auction.

UPDATE!


ASTinc Stilt Walker 843-491-4812
Actual Picture From Ground Level | ASTinc


ASTinc Stilt Walker 843-491-4812
Crowd Shot Of Stilt Walker | ASTinc



We would have loved to supply a comedian for some comedy emcee work for the event but it would have been a bit of a power struggle with the live auction auctioneer so I didn't think it would have been appropriate.

We did however make some great contacts and I got a chance to dance a little bit with my wife after I got down from my stilts. Not bad getting paid to do what you like, not to mention rich lady charity folk that have had a few cocktails like to grab the stilt walkers butt ... guess they need to cut loose too!


For more info on Conway Medical Center click the logo below!

CMC Foundation Gala's
Conway Medical Center

Bryan Fulton is the VP of Talent and Production for All Star Talent, Inc. All Star Talent, Inc. specializes in providing top quality entertainment for events all over the world. If you would like more details on when, where, or how to implement different types of entertainment for your next event you can visit us online at http://www.AllStarTalentInc.com/. You can also call (843) 491-4812 or email All Star Talent, Inc. at info@AllStarTalentInc.com today and one of our agents will help you look like a superstar at your next event!


2 comments:

  1. No No No - wrong choice, you do not do it yourself, you find a replacement, nor does a vendor dance at a clients event or mention things like Rich Lady event that likes to grab butt, unbelievable you would even mention such a thing, if I was you I'd take this down right away, not going to get you more business, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate your concern but I can assure you that handling the event's entertainment myself was absolutely the correct situation given the time restraints. I was able to uphold our agreement and I knew the talent would be top of the line.

    As far as the rich lady remark it was stated on purposed to show a human side to a group of people normally thought of as not very fun and perhaps cold and standoffish.

    We were also invited guests to the benefit so our presence on the dance floor was totally welcome and appreciated.

    Thank you for reaching out.

    ReplyDelete